Ten Things To Do When You Feel Like Crap:
1. Have a really hot, long shower. Cry if you need to. Sit on the ground. Feel sorry for yourself. Let the steam soak into your skin. Let the hot water wash your face clean. But the moment you turn off that water, you are done feeling sorry for yourself. Make a decision to move on from that sadness.
2. Clean. I know, cleaning is boring and annoying - but how about that feeling you get when you are finished? The smell of the vacuum. That feeling of accomplishment? Who knows, you might even find money along the way. Totally worth it. It’s like starting with a clean slate.
3. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while. If your first choice doesn’t pick up, choose someone else. Ask them all about how their lives are going and tell them about yours. Not only will it take your mind off whatever crappy thing you have been plagued by, but you will laugh with them! Laughing triggers endorphins and endorphins make you happy!
4. Go for a run or a walk. This get’s your endorphins and dopamine going crazy. You will get more energy and more happiness just because the chemicals in your body are running around!
5. Stop and take it all in. Walking in the night? Stop and look at the stars. Breathe in the cold air. Feel alive.
6. Stop whining. Ever heard the saying “love life and life will love you back”? Or, the idea of the power of attraction? It’s true! If you sit around saying “why me, waaaaa waaaa” then bad things will happen to you. You’re already defeated. If you start saying, “I will be happy, I will accomplish my ambitions, I will find love, I do look amazing, I am a great friend” etc., then not only will you start to believe them but you will be amazed at what amazing things start to happen.
7. Drink tea. This always works. Not a tea fan? Try hot water with a slice of lemon and some agave syrup.
8. Make a conscious decision to stop holding certain grudges. We all have people we have held grudges on in the past. Let them go. If you feel like you owe this person an apology, don’t be too proud. Send them a sincere facebook apology. Sincerity is in the intent, so even if it’s a 2 sentence apology - as long as you mean it it’s worth it.
9. Cook some really nice, warm food. Stimulate your taste buds with anything as simple as two minute noodles or as lavish as a three course garlic bread, pasta bake, chocolate mousse triple combo.
10. Write down a list of goals to achieve for the week. As simple as “buy insect repellent” or as large as “jog for 25 minutes non stop” and tick them off when they’re done. You will feel very accomplished and that alone will help pep up your mood!
originally posted by punkrockmermaid
- alexandralsh likes this
- whoisantonioew reblogged this from rabalabaloo and added:
- calmue likes this
- averycarlyle reblogged this from yanna-x
- yanna-x reblogged this from deagora
- yanna-x likes this
- iceice-baby likes this
- carmelalagetclosa likes this
- the-musical-scottsmen reblogged this from sarahchasesrainbows
- de-la-terre likes this
- besalty-bespicy likes this
- thoughts-and-flowers reblogged this from banasmagiccastle
- nycob likes this
- shahaddd reblogged this from wastedbabypink
- sarahchasesrainbows reblogged this from time-tangled
- enchanted-fairy-tales reblogged this from deagora
- enchanted-fairy-tales likes this
- deagora reblogged this from deagora
- 36slottoaster likes this
- 36slottoaster reblogged this from gusmylove
- ambersylvia likes this
- aclassicaltragedy reblogged this from imaginationorinsanity
- fayerye reblogged this from deagora
- rabalabaloo reblogged this from punkrockmermaid
- ihavefish likes this
- be-bopbaby likes this
- handsoffthegoodstuff likes this
- amandaaadanielleee reblogged this from shining-with-simplicity
- nightowl999 reblogged this from hawkeehats
- runnawaaydreams reblogged this from reinkc
- purpledurplebookworm likes this
- kittysandsatan likes this
- takemewithyoux likes this
- writtenwordiseversotrue reblogged this from teenageimagination
- deisy-darling reblogged this from whore-able-person
- reinkc reblogged this from n0oneeverstays
- askmewhyiwantto likes this
- karolslife reblogged this from cahlm
- rochellevii likes this
- trueinfamousy reblogged this from whore-able-person
- chanel-sm0kes reblogged this from mornings3x
- theres-too-much-to-say reblogged this from sunsets-weed-music
- eatmyfrickinpants likes this
- jkaat reblogged this from mornings3x
- jkaat likes this
- adibahsrfrz reblogged this from perksovbeinglauren
- brennslife likes this
- perksovbeinglauren reblogged this from shining-with-simplicity
- aliikayyy reblogged this from shining-with-simplicity